Monday, December 31, 2007

What A Difference Four Months Makes...


One of my favourite people in the world is Dr Phil, and I always remember him saying (about a number of things, particularly weight loss), that time will pass, whether we like it or not, and it's entirely up to us what we DO with that time. In other words, December 2007 was gonna get here regardless of what I chose to do in Sept, Oct, and Nov -- and the fact that I decided to have weight loss surgery, and follow a healthy post-op lifestyle, has meant that the time has passed in a positive way! I've lost 30 kilos, instead of staying the same weight, or (worse) gaining even more weight.
I had a terrific time at the beach yesterday with DH and our doggie Scruff, and I wore my new bathing suit my mom bought me for Christmas (which already needs the straps altered cause it's too big!). Also, as you can see in the photo above, I can now tie a sarong around my waist - shock, horror.
If anyone is reading this, wondering whether their new year's resolution should be to look into weight loss surgery, please just go for it. It's by far the most amazing thing I've ever done, and it comes with such a wonderful relaxed feeling of inevitability!! Even if I WANTED to be the same person I was 6 months ago, it's impossible - my T4 sleeve ensures that I will lose weight. Exactly how much is lost is up to me, I think, how hard I work at making good food choices and exercising. I truly believe now that I will get a lot lower than 100kg, aiming for a nice even 80. Roll on 2008, it's a great time to be alive!!!
Happy New Year y'all xxxx

No comments: