Sunday, December 2, 2007

Two Great Photos From My New Life


Every morning and evening I get to crush up the little goodies that keep me healthy! As you can see above, there are a few different things I take: Multivitamins, Antioxidants, Omega 3, Selenium and Calcium/Magnesium (as well as my usual medication for depression and urticaria/hives). Obviously I don't crush the Omega 3 caps, as they are gel! And the Plaquenil is enteric coated for slow release so that can't be crushed either. They seem to go down ok, and the others get mixed into apple puree for easy digestion (:

The brand I use is called USANA (www.usana.com), they are from the US and are one of the only nutritionals that are manufactured up to pharmaceutical grade. More expensive than the ordinary ones, but they are a lot more effective.

My other favourite photo lately is below - it's a little gift I received from my dietician at Mercy after my post-op checkup! A tiny little bowl, chopsticks (to slow my eating down lol), a magnet with the Gastric Sleeve Golden Rules, a gym pass and a sachet of Fibergel. How gorgeous it that?! I was thrilled to get such a lovely gift, so thoughtful. Had to include a picture of it in my blog of the journey.

No comments: